1 cup Rava
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Ghee
3 cups Water
A pinch of orange food powder (kesari powder)
A pinch of Saffron
10 Cashew Nuts
How to make South Indian rava kesari :
- In a heavy bottom pan dry roast rava for a few minutes stirring it constantly till a sweet aroma is released and the color changes to mild golden. Take it out and keep aside.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of ghee butter in the same pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep them aside.
- In a separate pan heat 3 cups of water. Make sure to always use hot water so that no lumps are formed and the rava gets cooked completely.
- To the the remaining ghee add the remaining clarified butter, rava and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the boiling water to the rava mixture and a pinch of orange food powder and saffron. Keep stirring constantly.
- After the rava gets cooked completely, add sugar and mix well till it dissolves. Now add cardamom powder.